Friday, July 26, 2013

My Little Angel From Heaven.



It's been six months now and I am finally ready to tell my story. 

Six months ago yesterday God sent me a piece of Heaven that would change lives all over the world. 

Let's start at the beginning. In May 2012 a little seed was planted. I made bad decisions and was starting to drift off the straight and narrow. Heavenly Father saw this and knew just how to help me wake up and find my way again. He sent me an angel that changed my life. 

THIS IS 
CHASE MICHAEL MORTENSEN:


Just a few hours old



1 Week Old

 2 Weeks Old



 1  Month Old


 2 Months Old 
 


3Months Old



4 Months Old
5 Months Old

IMG951779.jpg

 6 Months Old





BRINLEY MORTENSEN




 Chase LOVES his sister, Brinley. She is Mike and Lauren's daughter, she was not adopted. She was a miracle baby for them. She is 3 years old and takes such good care of Chase.



 Chase LOVES to smile. 
This is his first smile ever.


 ALWAYS SMILING





I know you have all probably been dying to see me nice and pregnant.
 Here is me about 9 months pregnant.



While I was pregnant I was living at home and got pretty bored so I made this "zoo" of stuffed animals that I sent home with Chase when he was born. 


 I was privileged to get to spend 3 days with Chase in the hospital before the adoption papers were signed. I fed him and changed his diapers, but mostly I just held him very tightly, memorizing every little part of him. I wanted to be able to remember everything about him.

The Hospital staff was horrible and they were all giving me a hard time about the adoption so i had to get a sign put on my door telling them they had to check in before coming into my room.





 The first time Mike and Lauren got to see their son




Me and the Mortensens went and got pictures taken 2 days after Chase left the hospital. We wanted to remember this special moment and capture all four of us, in some ways a new little family.









On July 6, 2013 Chase Michael Mortensen went to the temple and was sealed to his new family for time and all eternity. What an amazing day for them. 



 It's really hard for me now. I wake everyday and Chase is the first thing I think about. I miss him a lot and I feel like I have a little piece of me missing. But I know that he was sent to this earth, through me, to the family that was prepared for him. He was sent from God's arms, to my arms, to theirs. I will never regret my decision to place him for adoption. But I will always miss him and he will always be my birth son.

Some ask me, why didn't I keep him? Why did I give him up. I wanted to give my son the best life possible. I wanted to give him the life he deserved with both a mother and a father. I couldn't give that to him. 

Some say that there are no such thing as angels. I disagree. I was sent an angel who saved my life.

5 comments:

  1. Tears. A billion tears, basically. Can't believe it's been six months already. You did an incredible thing, Kendra. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED seeing all the pics and reading your story. You have always been an amazing girl. Now you are an amazing woman!! Love you Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra you're amazing! Also, those pictures of you and chase and the the family are so adorable i'm dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is amazing. What a wonderful way to look at something that must have been so difficult for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you!! Such a beautiful, amazing, loving gift! I wrote a novel for teens inspired by real life about the journey of making a brave and loving sacrifice like you did. I'd love to get a copy to you for your review/endorsement. Please send me an email at london.henry.books [at] gmail.com

    ReplyDelete